Life on Silverhill

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Welcome to my ramblings! Although I rarely meet a craft or artform that I don't want to explore, I guess you could say that I am primarily a fiber artist - spinner, knitter, weaver. My other current interests include jewelry making (with beads and sterling silver wire), papermaking, and bookbinding.


Right now, I am bi-coastal, in the process of moving from the east coast to an island in the Puget Sound, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Moving out of a house you've lived in for 16 years isn't easy - especially for a reforming packrat! But I am slowly sorting through accumulated stuff, and making lots of donations to charity! Of course, I've kept virtually all of my fiber stash, with DH's blessing! We have found that fleece, roving and yarn make great box fillers as we pack!


We've christened our new home Silverhill Farm. We have lots of lavender, blackberries, and walnut trees. Although we've not entirely ruled out having sheep, that won't happen any time soon. Problem #1: coyotes in our woods Problem #2: pastures need to be fenced Problem #3: too many beautiful places to explore and it's hard to find a sheep sitter!


Most of my fiber toys have been packed, but I am spinning some yellow "tweed" roving that I got at Rhinebeck from Little Barn on my folding Lendrum wheel. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will do so! I'm also knitting a sweater called "Samus", from Knitty.com. And that will have to keep me busy until we unpack in the PNW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home