Life on Silverhill

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Springtime in January

Happy Springtime Greetings!

The calendar says January, but the weather says April! So today we took advantage of this gift to clean out the garage. We threw out tons, and gave away a bunch of stuff. So now we are that much closer to moving!

January 25 was a momentous day - the town planning board finally approved our little single family lot subdivision! Woohoo!!! It's been 9 stressful months! We have to wait a couple of weeks for the official resolution, then we can start chasing papers around to get it finalized and filed with the county. Then we will finally be free to head west!

I just learned of a big fleece sale on Whidbey Island, but it's going to be in late February, and I don't think we will be there yet! Waaaaaahhhhhh! No fair!!!!

I have no fiber updates - just have not been able to get myself to do any spinning or knitting lately! Samus would be done if I had spent the time I've been on the computer knitting instead! But I have rejoined a jewelry making list that I used to participate in, before all my tools and supplies had to get packed up to sell the house. Even though I can't make anything until after we move, it is good to participate in that community again and get some ideas and encouragement for the future. I'm going to try to use this down time to work on things like business cards, tags and packaging.

Our kitty is having a blast climbing on all the boxes that are piling up throughout the house. I keep telling her about the big adventure she is about to have - after all, how many kitties get to travel 3,000 miles across the country?? Especially at her age (we think she is 17 years old!)

Until later,

HJ

1 Comments:

  • Congrats!!!!!!

    I'm really happy for you, but also sad for us folks who are gonna be left behind. :D

    I have no doubt that you will find plenty of fiber sales when you get there! lol.

    By Blogger Skymosher, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home